Central College hosts All-State Clinic & Vocal Camp
Mark your calendars! Central College’s 2020 All-State Clinic and Vocal Camp will be taking place Monday, August 3, and Tuesday, August 4, 2020.
Due to COVID-19, the camp will not include an overnight component. Camp will start at 9 a.m. and conclude at 4 p.m. each day. Check-in location information will be provided after July 20. Additional safety information is below.
Registration will be available until a capacity of 20 is reached in each voice part.
Cost (including lunch and activities): $50.00 per person
As in past years, participants will:
- Learn from Central’s experienced faculty, led by Mark Babcock, director of choral activities.
- Meet and learn from Central students while enjoying two days of activities on campus.
- Receive sectional preparation for Iowa All-State music.
- Get private and group vocal technique instruction with guest clinicians.
- Experience ear training and basic musicianship classes with professionals.
- Have opportunities for solo singing.
- Will include a box lunch served outdoors with physical distancing observed.
- Will meet in large indoor spaces with appropriate ventilation.
- Will split participants into sectionals, quartets or other small groups for most rehearsals.
- Will not include evening activities or a concluding concert.
- For safety AND effectiveness, emphasis will be on smaller group rehearsals, individual attention.