4th of July Celebration in Pella
Celebrate the Fourth of July in Pella! Enjoy games, activities, fishing, food, parade, music and fireworks. Tentative schedule of events:
Schedule for the Day:
9:00 am - 5K Ruck Run (Start at the Memorial building)
1-4 pm - Swimming at Pella Aquatic Center
3:00 pm - Food Vendors Open (they will remain open until the Jazz band performance or as soon as they run out of food)
3:00 pm-5:00 pm - Fishing at Caldwell Park (Poles and bait provided)
3:00 pm - American Legion on the Tulip Toren
3:30 pm - Triumph Martial Arts on Tulip Toren
3-6 pm - Horse-drawn carriage rides at Information Windmill
4:00 pm-5:00 pm The Dans Company on Tulip Toren
4:30-5:30 - Art in the Park craft bag available in the square (by the cannon)
5:00 pm - Tulip Queen Coronation & Court Presentation
5:30 pm - Tulip Queen & Court Program
6:00 pm - Parade
8:00 pm - Pella High School Jazz Band on Tulip Toren
10 pm / Dark - Fireworks from Madison Elementary
- Rob's Mini Donuts
- Zimms Kettle Korn
- Over the Top Ice Cream
- Just a Few Farm Girls
- The Barnyard Tenderloin Xpress
- Child Evangelism Fellowship
- Oriental Express
- Tacos Jalisco
Important Notes for Attending the Event:
- Bring your own chair. Public seating will not be provided for the entertainment, the parade or near the food vendors
- Consider wearing a mask if that feels appropriate for you
- Respect social distancing. Maintain 6 feet from others who are not in your group and when sitting on the parade route.
- No parking on the parade route past 2 pm.
- Candy will be allowed during the parade, but please keep your children back from the parade route. Walkers will bring the candy to you. We encourage you to bring a bag that the walkers can put the candy directly in to limit contact.
- Public bathrooms are available at the police station, the memorial building and City Hall.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer.
- If you do not feel safe attending this event, please stay home. There will be live videos throughout the afternoon on the Pella 4th of July Celebration Facebook page.
- Updates or changes to the event will be posted on our Facebook page.
Want to be in the parade? Contact Paul Kingma at 641-780-6785.