$1,000 SIGN ON BONUSPosition Summary:
Reporting to the Vice President, Engineering, the T&D Maker is responsible for the design, development, building, calibration and repair of tools, jigs and fixtures utilized in a robotic manufacturing environment.
Principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support Manufacturing Engineer (ME) to build fixtures and gauges for assembly line and robotic welders using both verbal and documented designs.
- Propose design changes and improvements to existing jigs and fixtures.
- Maintain jig / fixture preventive maintenance program.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area by following clean-up and housekeeping procedures and observing all prescribed safety regulations.
Ideal Candidate will possess the following skill/qualities:
- Previous experience building jigs and fixtures
- Weld fixtures as a 1st choice, but candidates with experience in machining fixtures and/or assembly fixtures would be equally desirable.
- Experience with ISO 9001 is a plus
- Ability to read and understand blue prints including machining tolerances, GD&T and weld symbols.
- Ability to build jigs and fixtures to print using manual and CNC machining equipment, welders, hand tools, etc., including the ability to program CNC both conversationally and with G & M Codes.
- Ability to set up CNC equipment for production runs including cutting tool selection and inventory.
- Understand the use of hydraulic and pneumatic clamping / sequencing and can install and maintain these systems.
- Ability to set-up and run all standard machine shop equipment- Lathes, Bridgeport’s, Surface grinders.
- Ability to work to tolerances of .0002”.
- Knowledge of shop math and GD&T.
- Have a high sense of urgency and the ability to meet schedule requirements.
- Work independently and efficiently to complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Inspect and confirm conformity of all engineering requirements.
- Problem-solving skills.
Education & Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Four-year journeyman apprenticeship training or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of five years manufacturing experience in the Tool & Die industry.
• Currently have or be able to obtain a forklift license.
- Full-time position
- 40 - 45 hours per week
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flex Spending Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA retirement plan
- Long term disability