Reporting to the Vice President, Engineering, the Manufacturing Engineer works directly with the R&D team to research, design and develop new products in the current existing markets along with expansion into new markets. This position will work simultaneously on the design and testing of multiple projects while supporting the launch of new products.
Principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with team for project requirements, design reviews, status reports, and time/resource estimates.
- Plan, and execute multiple projects simultaneously to rapid completion within deadlines.
- Assist with development of bills of material on new designs.
- Work with other departments to source and build necessary prototypes for testing.
- Develop and coordinate testing of new products.
- Work with all departments on designs to ensure manufacturability.
- Support estimating, sale, and processing of engineered product.
- Estimate production cost and effects of design changes for management review.
- Work to understand and ensure compliance with UL and ASME standards.
- Work to stay informed with competitive products and market demand and direction.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred education and experience:
- BSME preferred. Will also consider a BSMET.
- 2 – 3 years of related engineering experience.
- SolidWorks or similar CAD package experience.
- Understanding of agriculture and construction markets
For a full job description please visit http://ldj-products.com/careers.