LDJ Mfg. has an opening for a Bill of Materials (BOM) Specialist. The primary responsibilities of this position will be to set up a materials list and create machine routings that directs production through the process of building that product. Other daily tasks include creating new part numbers for purchased parts, updating existing parts per change requests, and maintaining updated drawing revisions for existing parts. The BOM Specialist works closely with production to resolve issues related to the materials list and/or routings.
Principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide BOM related support for Product Development, Engineering, Procurement and Production.
- Optimize BOM structure to drive material and execute production builds.
- Review Engineering Change Notice (ECN) content and structure for accuracy, including cost analysis, auditing BOM changes, and other required validation activities.
- Ensure timely execution of ECN activities through a regular cadence of reviews and updates.
- Manage BOM data for legacy products.
- Update DBA/MRP and other business systems based on content of completed ECN’s.
- Maintain an effective communication plan for change releases to ensure the organization is properly informed.
- Drive adherence to business processes, especially for ECN’s and related functions.
- Verify that the documents that are related to the BOM, such as work instructions, fixture drawings, and equipment BOM’s are properly documented and completed.
Ideal Candidate will possess the following skills/experiences:
- 2-3 years of experience in a Manufacturing or Engineering setting.
- Experience with processing BOM’s & ECN’s and writing manufacturing work instructions.
- Experience reading CAD drawings including GD&T.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills needed.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities.
- Experience in reading engineering drawings and working with an engineering/design team is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and must be able to develop excellent working relationships with all production team members.
Education & Training:
- 2 or 4-year technical or engineering degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- MS Office with focus on Excel, exposure to imaging software and databases a plus.
- Working knowledge of MRP (DBA preferred).
- Proficient in SolidWorks.
- Full-time position
- 40 - 45 hours per week
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flex Spending Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA retirement plan
- Long term disability