Do you enjoy solving complex problems and continual learning? Is delivering exceptional customer service a strength of yours? If so, we are looking to hire talented part-time customer service representatives to work in our team-based Customer Service area at Pella Corporation in Pella, Iowa. Come do the work you’re most proud of at Pella Corporation! Apply online at www.pella.com/careers.
Job duties for this part-time customer service representative may include, but are not limited to:
• Answering inquiries via phone and email
• Obtaining working knowledge of all products
• Communicating intelligently and accurately with consumers on technical issues
• Analyzing information, exercise problem solving skills, and a high degree of professionalism to insure customer needs are met
• Maintaining detailed and accurate record of all transactions
• Authorizing credits
This is a part-time position with no benefits.
Job qualifications for this part-time customer service representative include but are not limited to:
• High school degree and/or six months related customer service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft® Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint software applications
• Ability to moderately type and proficiently use computer and phone systems
• Ability to navigate web based applications
• Develop proficiency in Pella proprietary software
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Ability to work up to 19 hours per week between the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. The greatest need may be between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CST. Scheduled hours are provided 2 weeks in advance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
Pella Corporation is committed to workforce diversity. Pella is a Tobacco-Free Work Environment. Pella participates in E- Verify. Pella will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Pella Corporation provides a working environment free of discrimination and harassment. Pella Corporation treats all persons equally, regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age or disability, as each is protected under federal law. A number of states in which Pella operates have laws protecting classifications of Team Members not necessarily protected under federal law. Therefore, Pella also treats all persons equally, regardless of political affiliation and belief, pregnancy, national origin, age, creed, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, mental disorder, veteran status, ancestry or handicap as each category is protected under a municipal ordinance or state law.